Content Management Systems are ideal for organizations that have lots of changing content and want to maintain some or all of the content themselves.
Websites built on a CMS platform are database driven and rely on templating for their style. None-the-less, CMS based websites can be customized around layout, color and graphical elements to support your brand and deliver your message.
- Templating benefits a website by standardizing styles across all pages thus creating a polished, professional look and feel.
- Organization of content is made easy by thoughtful design of the information architecture prior to building the site. CMS is a monster when it comes to keeping lots of information straight!
- CMS websites are immanently configurable – allowing an organization’s website to grow along with the organization.
- Most CMS platforms have large user communities developing specialized “add-ons” that offer expanded functionality for little added cost.
- Our favorite CMS platforms are Joomla and WordPress, both of which are open source (no kidding – read that FREE!) With over 20% of all sites on the web run on Joomla or WordPress, they are the 2 most popular Content Management System worldwide.
- CMS is probably not for you if you have very specific ideas about layout and functionality, as templating does impose some limitations. Take a look at our Custom websites if CMS puts you in too tight a box!
We have years of experience in developing and customizing CMS packages. Ask Fairview Design to help you communicate your organizational message more effectively!